INSTALLATION AND OPERATION
a. Location. The usual installation
of Barometer ML-102-(*) or ML-316/TM is indoors. If the instru-
ment is used outdoors, do not place it in the sun.
b. Temperature. For accurate readings:
(1) install the barometer where the temperature will be as constant
as possible. An inside wall is preferable.
(2) Do not allow the sun to shine on the instrument.
(3) DO not place the instrument near a source of heat such as a
radiator or stove.
(4) Do not place it where it will be in a draft from an outside
door or window.
c. Position. (1) Barometers ML-102-B, ML-102 -E, and ML-102 - F .
These models are calibrated for vertical mounting and for most ac-
curate results must be used in that position. Hang the instrument by
the hanger provided and be sure it is in a vertical position.
(2) Barometers ML-102-D and ML-316/TM. These barometers are
calibrated for use in a horizontal position, and more accurate readings
will be obtained if the instrument is used in this position. If desired,
the cover may be removed by pressing in on the spring stop at the left
side of the right-hand hinge (with a screw driver blade), and sliding
the cover to the right,