2-5-3. Self Test. To power-up and self test the AN/TMQ-38, the following steps must be performed:
Turn on the Power Supply Unit outputs
Turn on and self test the DCT
Turn on and self test the Marwin Processor
sell test the Printer
Turn on and self test the RDF Unit
Align the RDF Unit
a. Turn on Power Supply Unit outputs as follows:
(1) Depending on type of primary power source in use, set Power Supply Unit PROCESSOR power select
switch to AC ON or DC ON position.
(2) Verify that Power Supply Unit PROCESSOR LED illuminates. lf LED does not illuminate, refer to Chapter 3.
ENSURE THAT POWER TO RDF IS TURNED OFF TO SAFEGUARD
AGAINST INJURY TO PERSONNEL BY INADVERTENT ANTENNA
(3) Ensure that 24 VDC Power Supply AC PWR circuit breaker is in off position.
(4) Set Power Supply Unit RDF power switch to AC ON position.
(5) Verify that Power Supply Unit RDF LED illuminates. If LED does not illuminate, refer to Chapter 3.
b. Turn on and self test DCT as follows:
(1) Set DCT power switch to ON position.
(2) At power-up, DCT screen will illuminate. Initiate self test as follows:
(a) From displayed menu, touch SELF TEST triangle to select self test menu.
(b) From self test menu, touch ALL triangle and then RUN triangle. This initiates a complete self-test
cycle, which takes approximately 2 minutes, Refer to TM 11-5895-1325-12 & P-7-1 for detailed self test
(c) At conclusion of self test, touch EXIT triangle to return to DCT main menu screen.
(d) Touch RUN triangle to access MMS application programs.
(3) Initialize DCT to establish mission communication addresses and default settings in accordance with
TM 11-5895-1325-12 & P-8-1
c. Turn on and self test Marwin Processor as follows:
(1) Turn on MARWIN Processor as follows:
(a) Ensure that Printer power switch is set to on position and that Printer has an adequate supply of paper.