6. TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
1. NOMENCLATURE: Clock ML79.
Type _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Spring driven.
Clock, running time _ _ _ 8 days each winding.
2. TYPE CLASSIFICATION: Standard A.
Revolutions _ _ _ _ _ 1 in 7 days or 1 in 1 day.
3. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Unclassified.
Dimensions _ _ _ _ _ 130-mm long, 93-mm dia.
4. PRIMARY USE OR CONCEPT OF EMPLOYMENT:
Weight _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 2 lb net.
Used to rotate chart recording cylinder of Thermo
Special feature _ _ _ _ _ _ Fast and slow adjust-
graphs ML77 ( ) and ML277( ).
7. MAJOR COMPONENT:
5. BRIEF FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION:
Clock ML79 is used with Thermographs ML77,
ML77A, ML277, and ML277A to aid in the continuous
8. SET, SYSTEM, FACILITY, AND CONFIGURATION
recording of ambient temperature over a period of 1 or
7 days. The ML79 rotates itself and a recording cylin-
This clock is used in a facility with Thermographs
der, which is mounted over it, around a main shaft fastened
ML277, ML277A, or Thermographs ML77, ML77A
to the base of the thermograph. A chart is pinned on the
cylinder and as the clock rotates with the recording
9. ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT REQUIRED AND AUX-
cylinder, variations in temperature cause a pen to mark
ILIARY EQUIPMENT: N o n e .
the chart; thus, the chart furnishes a record of changes
in temperature compared with time. The ML79 is
10. TOOLS AND TEST EQUIPMENT: None.
provided with two gear shafts; one completes a rotation
in 1 day and the other in 1 week. This permits recording
REFERENCE DATA AND LITERATURE:
of ambient temperature for 1 day or 1 week.
TM 11666022510, 50P _ _ _ _ _ ML79