(No illustration available)
1. NOMENCLATURE: Balloon ML162.
8. SET, SYSTEM, FACILITY, AND CONFIGURATION
2. TYPE CLASSIFICATION: Standard C & T.
This equipment is used in a system with Radiosondes
AN/AMT2, AN/AMT2A, and AN/AMT4.
3. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Unclassified.
4. PRIMARY USE OR CONCEPT OF EMPLOYMENT:
9. ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT REQUIRED AND AUX-
Used to carry meteorological equipment aloft.
5. BRIEF FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION:
10. TOOLS AND TEST EQUIPMENT: None.
Balloon ML162 is a sounding balloon which is used to
carry aloft equipment which furnishes data on the tem-
11. REFERENCE DATA AND LITERATURE:
TM 11666021812, 25P
_ _ _ _ ML162
perature, humidity, and pressure of the upper air. The
ML162 also may be used to carry radar targets aloft
12. REPAIR PARTS SUPPORT CAPABILITY.
when radar equipment is used to determine the direction
and speed of winds.
13. TRAINING REQUIREMENT :
Operator MOS 93E20, 93F20.
6. TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sounding.
14. TYPICAL BASIS OF ISSUE.
Material _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Rubber.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ Uncolored.
15. PRICE DATA:
Weight (inflation) _ _ _ _ 700 g (not less than 650,
a. Major item _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
not more than 750 g).
b. Repair parts (1-year cost based
Dimensions (neck) _ _ _ _ 5 in. long, 1-in. dia,
on 100 equipments).
inflated to 18-ft dia
16. ITEM REPLACED: None.
7. MAJOR COMPONENT:
Issued as a unit replacement.