(No illustration available)
1. NOMENCLATURE: Plotting Board, Winds Aloft
Special features _ _ _ _ Has plastic parallel arms which
move vertically, collapsible
tilting device to raise board
2. TYPE CLASSIFICATION: Standard A.
3. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Unclassified.
7. MAJOR COMPONENT:
Plotting Board, Winds Aloft ML514/TM.
4. PRIMARY USE OR CONCEPT OF EMPLOYMENT:
Used to plot time-height curve and winds aloft data.
8. SET, SYSTEM, FACILITY, AND CONFIGURATION
5. BRIEF FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION:
This equipment is used in a system with Plotting Board
Plotting Board, Winds Aloft ML514/TM is a plywood
ML122 and Rawin Set/GMD1( ).
plotting board with laminated plastic inclosing a paper
chart and scaled to the surface of the board. The ML
9. ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT REQUIRED AND
514/TM is used at all air weather service rawin stations for
plotting time-height curve; and winds aloft data from both
rawin and pibal ascensions to provide standard level wind
10. TOOLS AND TEST EQUIPMENT: None.
data for transmission.
11. REFERENCE DATA AND LITERATURE.
6. TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
12. REPAIR PARTS SUPPORT CAPABILITY:
Type _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Plywood,
plastic inclosing a paper
chart on the surface of the
13. TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Operator MOS 93F20.
Chart _ _ _ _ _ _ 5 vertical lines representing
heights in ft and km, 1
14. TYPICAL BASIS OF ISSUE.
horizontal reference line.
15. PRICE DATA.
Graduations _ _ _ _ _ _ Meter and kn/sec and also for
time in min.
16. ITEM REPLACED: None.
Dimensions _ _ _ _ _ 30 in. long, 30 in. wide, in.
17. REMARKS: None.