(No illustration available)
1. NOMENCLATURE: Balloon, Fast Riser ML607( )/
tempera- --90 C to +60 C.
Pressure _ _ _ _ _ 1,050 to 5 mb.
2. TYPE CLASSIFICATION: Development.
Inflation _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Hydrogen from a cylinder
3. SECURITY REQUIREMENT: Unclassified.
from a cylinder.
Dimensions (neck) _ _ _ _ 4.5 in. long, 1 in. in dia.
4. PRIMARY USE OR CONCEPT OF EMPLOYMENT:
Used to carry meteorological equipment aloft.
7. MAJOR COMPONENT:
Balloon, Fast Riser ML607 ( )/AM.
5. BRIEF FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION:
Balloon, Fast Riser ML607( )/AM is a sounding
8. SET, SYSTEM, FACILITY, AND CONFIGURATION
balloon which is used to carry aloft meteorological equip-
ment which furnishes data on the temperature, humidity,
This equipment is used independently.
and pressure of the upper air. The ML607( )/AM can
9. ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT REQUIRED AND AUX-
be used to carry aloft targets when radar equipment is
used to determine the direction and speed of winds. The
Inflation nozzle and weights.
ML607( )/AM provides satisfactory service in any cli-
mate or weather conditions, and is capable of rising to an
altitude of at least 110,000 feet in all climatic regions,
10. TOOLS AND TEST EQUIPMENT: None.
including arctic and tropic regions where extremely low
11. REFERENCE DATA AND LITERATURE.
temperatures aloft are found at night.
12. REPAIR PARTS SUPPORT CAPABILITY:
6. TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Type _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sounding, all zones.
Material _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Neoprene.
13. TRAINING REQUIREMENT:
Operator MOS 93E20, 93F20.
Bursting altitude _ _ _ _ _ 110,000 ft.
Weight _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ l,200 g (approx).
14. TYPICAL BASIS OF ISSUE.
Rate of rise _ _ _ _ _ _ 1,000- to 1,500-fpm with
15. PRICE DATA.
load of 1,300 g and in-
flated with a free lift of
16. ITEM REPLACED.