approximately 10 millibars. `The barometers can readily be adjusted
by the use of this disk.
TO BAROMETERS ML-102-B, ML-102-E,
a. Replacing hanger. (1) It is necessary to remove the barometer case
from the metal frame to attach a new hanger (fig. 10) . First remove
the four small screws in the sides of the frame and remove the upper
part of the frame.
(2) Remove the nuts, star lockwasher, sleeves, and large round
washers securing the barometer to the shockmounts at each of the
four comers of the frame. Remove the case from the frame.
(3) With a short screw driver, remove the two screws that hold the
hanger posts to the frame.
(4) Insert one new post and tighten the screw.
(5) Insert the hanger m the two posts and tighten the screw of the
Note. On Barometer ML-102-E the posts of the hanger are attached to the frame
by means of nuts and washers instead of screws. In this case, use a pair of fine-nose
pliers to remove the posts.
(6) Reassemble the frame (fig. 10 shows the order in which these
parts are assembled) .
b. Replacing plastic window. It is necessary to remove the upper half
of the frame to replace the plastic cover which protects the dial.
(1) Follow directions in a (1) above to disassemble the frame.
(2) Start at one end and gently pry up the snap ring with a screw
driver. Remove the ring and the plastic window.
(3) Make certain the new window is washed, polished, and free
from fingerprints. Insert the new window and replace the snap ring.
(4) Reassemble the frame (fig. 10).
c. Replacing pointer. The pointer of these barometers may be loos-
ened on its shaft by severe vibration. When this occurs, proceed as
(1) Follow the direction given in a and b above for removing the
upper half of the barometer frame and the plastic window.
(2) Place the pointer on its shaft lightly and set it to read the station
pressure. Place the thumb nails on the pointer on opposite sides of
the pointer shaft, but as close to the shaft as possible. Press directly
downward on the pointer until it is firmly set on the shaft. Be very
careful not to bend the shaft.
(3) Reassemble the dial cover and frame.
23. REPAIRS TO BAROMETERS ML-102-D and ML-316/TM. a. Replac-
ing plastic window. (1) Open the cover, press the spring stop by the
right-hand hinge, and remove the cover.
(2) Remove the four screws and washers that hold the plastic panel
(3) Gently pry up the plastic dial cover with a pen knife or a screw
driver and lift out the panel.
(4) Insert the new window, being sure it is polished and free from
fingerprints. The plastic screw in the cover must be directly above
(5) Replace and tighten the screws and washers.