4-13. CONDUIT INTERCONNECTION CABLE TO CONNECTOR HOUSING INSTALLATION. (CONT)
For correct soldering methods, refer to TB SIG 222.
When using substitute cables, you must establish your own color coding to determine
which color wires are connected to specific terminals on connector J1. The two largest
wires must be connected to terminals 6 and 7 on connector J1.
Make a table to identify wires connected to terminals of connector J1 for later use in
connection to indicator.
13. Solder wires from cable (14) to pins on connector J1 (13).
Terminal 8 of connector J1 is not used. Note pin pattern for assembly of connector
14. Assemble connector J1 (13) by pushing case (16) and retainer (17) together, and secure with
15. Wrap electrical tape around wires (18) and cable (14) from bottom of connector J1 (13) down
3 inches (7.62 cm).
16. Install clamps (19), two screws (20), lockwashers (21), and nuts (22) on cable (14) in area
where electrical tape is wrapped.
17. Aline notch (23) in connector J1 (13) with pin (24) in connector housing (7) and push
connector J1 into place.
Allow for slack in wires between connector J1 and cable clamp. Move cable clamp if
necessary to increase or reduce slack.
For T-420/GMQ-11 and T-420B/GMQ-11, perform step 19. For T-420A/GMQ-11,
perform step 20.
19. Install gasket (4), connector housing cover (3), four screws (1), and lockwashers (2).
20. Install gasket (4) and close hinged connector housing cover (5).